Teams are the building blocks in achieving effective response to rapid change. Increasingly teams are responsible for making or implementing organisational decisions. Team based working demands transformational leadership. Teams unify the organisation through cross-functional and inter-disciplinary operations.
As the team concept expands, so does our appreciation for the power of teamwork and the commitment required to ‘travel together’.
People Positive™ uses a unique performance coaching system called SHIFT to guide teams through the development process. Our toolkit provides creative engagement through each of the 5-stages in the cycle resulting in a clear Alignment on vision values and strategy, strong Capability and a smart plan for Delivery.
Here are some examples:
- A dynamic launch pad for new teams and projects
- Commitment to attaining high-performance
- Accelerate the teambuilding process and reinvigorate belief in the power of the team
- Create a shared ‘Vision’ providing energy and purpose for the team
- Develop skills to enable individuals to contribute effectively as team members
- Learn to have ‘powerful’ conversations
- Agree ‘how’ the team will create an enabling and fun environment
- Commit to actions ensuring focus and progress
Collaboration between companies, divisions or departments has become the norm. Team-working in this context takes on a whole new dimension, turning competitors into partners.
- Understand the wider context and benefits of collaboration
- Agree a vision and ground rules underpinning the relationship
- Clarify the interface of diverse roles and responsibilities
- Set the conditions for success
- Improved team performance
- Increased individual commitment
- Positive response to change
- Clarity of communication
- Insights into the need to work with others
- Accelerated project focus
Pit-Stop (Team Development)
- ‘Time-out’ for maintenance on the team’s journey
- Investing time and space engaging in creative dialogue
- Enable teams to continue on their journey re-energised and refocused
- Pinpoint ‘blockers’ and boosters’ to performance
- Listen and learn from each other’s experience
- Explore levels of trust
- Build stronger relationships
- Move to a new level of performance