Zero harm is here and now – our clients are achieving this reality. With the aspiration of zero harm and complete health our clients are moving in the right direction.
Management system procedures and improved technical training are important, but not enough. Leaders of safety performance point to the imperative of focusing on engagement, ownership, trust, empowerment and responsibility; breakthroughs come from recognising that people are at the heart of the workplace. Our person centred, positive, experiential & creative ways of engaging with people creates the potential for significant and sustainable development.
People Positive™ safety programmes began in the Oil & Gas industry in 2000. We are now enabling safe behaviour across a number of industrial and commercial sectors including Rail and Construction. Our holistic and '’inside out’’ way of working helps individuals and organisations develop their commitment and motivation to innovate and continuously improve the management of risk and achievement of potential in all their activities. Examples of programmes we have run for clients illustrate how we understand and adapt to their needs. In some cases a suite of programmes for a single client has been created resulting in a significant change in the safety culture of the entire organisation.
Creating 'Champions’ not 'Cheerleaders’
- Creating belief and a 'vision for safety’
- Starting at 'the top’
- Leading by example
- Aligned as a leadership team
- Commitment of senior managers
- The motivation to change
- Senior management present in programmes
The 'Safety Rope' (Awareness-based Safety Leadership Programme)
- The 'Safety Rope' (OPITO accredited) programme designed to meet the needs of the 'Step Change in Safety’ within the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Through accelerated learning techniques and experiential activities, encouraging a growth in awareness of self and others and an examination of attitudes, habits and behaviour.
- A shift in viewpoint results in a different 'relationship with safety’
The Aim: Reduce harm through enhanced awareness and influence
The focus of the programme:
- Personal insight and awareness
- Climate and Culture
Safety Forums/Safety Conferences (Facilitating & Maintaining Focus)
- Facilitating cross-industry safety forums
- Coaching safety coaches
- Coaching internal trainers to deliver in-house safety
- Organising safety conferences
- Developing a vision for safety with project teams
- Sustained, positive impact on health and safety performance
- Improved interpersonal/inter-team communication
- Positive impact of attitudes and behaviour on safety culture
- Personal accountability for improving safety performance
- Shared understanding of a 'vision for safety’
- Safety is implemented in both the workplace and home
- Improvement in overall business performance
- Risk consultancy support and training.
- Systems and practices in the management of hazards and risk
- Audit and improve risk management and safety systems
- Identify hazards and manage processes for the front-line workers
- Intervention techniques/skills Interface risk management e.g. contractor management